Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tantra Tip of the Day - Daffodils at Dawn Cultivate Being

This morning I went out for a walk as the sun was rising. It was quiet except for an occasional bird twittering in the trees. As I walked up the hill behind my house, I saw a bunch of daffodils blooming in my neighbor’s yard. Seeing the bright yellow flowers made my heart sing. They had popped out of the same earth that only 2 weeks ago was covered in snow. I continued my walk, watching as the sun lit up the world. Sedona is especially beautiful at dawn because the dawn light makes the red rocks glow as if illuminated from within.

As I walked along I felt this profound peace fill me. In that moment there were no problems, no desires and nothing to do. I slipped effortlessly into being; mind at rest, heart open, feeling love for nothing in particular. Life can be so simple when I just stop, even for a moment and allow my mind to be free, then I can see the gifts that are hidden in ordinary things.

Try this: As you move through your day see if you can find moments of stillness. Then notice what you discover hidden in your seemingly ordinary world. See if you can slip into being. How does it feel to just be? Notice the difference between being and doing. When you cultivate being, the doing happens with much less effort.

(C)Copyright 2009, Crystal Dawn Morris, all rights reserved.
www.TantraForAwakening.com
www.TantraGal.Blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

http://www.addthis.com/