Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Machig Labdron was a 12th century Tantrica who told her teacher she wanted to wake up so she could help heal the suffering in the world. These were his instructions to her.
The 5 Slogans of Machig Labdron
1) Confess your hidden faults.
2) Approach what you find repulsive.
3) Help those you think you can not help.
4) Anything you are attached to, let it go.
5) Go to the places that scare you.
She later revealed the practice of Chod which is still practiced today by all 5 schools of Tibetan Buddhism. It is a way to transform dis-ease and the shadow into an ally.
Pema Chodron - Five Slogans of Machig Labdron YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIeetlSjwvg&feature=related