Ho' oponopono is a practice from the Huna tradition of Hawaii. Essentially, it means to make things right with your ancestors and the other people with whom you have relationships. The original purpose of Ho'oponopono was to correct the wrongs that had occurred in one's life including: Hala- to miss the thing aimed for, or to err, to disobey and Hewa- to go overboard or to do something to excess which were illusions, and 'Ino- to do harm, implying to do harm to someone with hate in mind, even if accidental.
We carry inside us all the significant people in our lives. Ho'oponopono makes it "all right" with them. The process of Ho'oponopono is to align with and clean up all our relationships with other people in our lives.
The Process of Ho'oponopono:
1. Bring to mind anyone with whom you do not feel total alignment or support, etc.
2. In your mind's eye, construct a small stage below you.
3. Imagine an infinite source of love and healing flowing from a source above the top of your head (from your Higher Self), and open up the top of your head, and let the source of love and healing flow down inside your body, fill up the body, and overflow out your heart to heal up the person on the stage. Be sure it is all right for you to heal the person and that they accept the healing.
4. When the healing is complete, have a discussion with the person and forgive them, and have them forgive you.
5. Next, let go of the person, and see them floating away. As they do, cut the aka cord that connects the two of you (if appropriate). If you are healing in a current primary relationship, then assimilate the person inside you.
6. Do this with every person in your life with whom you are incomplete, or not aligned. The final test is, can you see the person or think of them without feeling any negative emotions. If you do feel negative emotions when you do, then do the process again.