Sunday, June 19, 2011

The I AM Meditation


The words “I AM” are often used to express who or what we really are. Many teachers including; Osho, Gurdjieff and Ouspensky have suggested using these words in meditation to explore Truth.

Try this: Focus your attention in the body. Say aloud the words “I AM.” Notice if you feel a vibration/sensation in the body as you say these words. Where in the body do you feel the vibrations/sensations, in the solar plexus, the head, the chest, or the belly? As you repeat these two words what arises? Try saying them with full awareness for 3-5 minutes and see what you discover. Do this practice 3 times/daily for a week. After a week write down your discoveries. What does “I AM” really mean? How does it relate to Truth? Let me know what you discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

http://www.addthis.com/