Friday, January 21, 2011

The Power of Sexual Healing

I have been working in women's health since 1984, first as a labor and delivery nurse and later as a Certified Nurse-Midwife. In 2007 I decided to leave the OB unit and become a tantra teacher, intimacy coach and sexual shaman. Something had happened to women over the past 35 years and I needed to reach out to them long before they were pregnant. They no longer trusted their bodies or themselves. I felt called to help women reclaim their sexual power.

Since I began teaching tantra in 2006, I have seen first hand just how disconnected people are from their bodies and sexual energy. There is a huge need for sexual healing and sex education in this country, at every level. Hands-on sexual healing has many benefits and needs to be recognized as an authentic modality.

Dr. Christiane Northrup, women’s health expert and best selling author, recently said, “Up until very recently, hands-on sexual healing has been cloaked in secrecy, shame, and misunderstanding. But a bold new group of courageous pioneers such as Pamela Madsen are leading the way toward a deeper, richer understanding of women’s sexual pleasure as a force for health and healing that positively affects all areas of their lives. The new feminism includes embracing our erotic power, and hands on sexual healing in the right setting can be a very effective way to accomplish this.”

Pamela Madsen is the author of a book, just out, that addresses this issue in a provocative way. Her memoir is called, SHAMELESS: How I Ditched The Diet, Got Naked, Found True Pleasure and Somehow Got Home In Time To Cook Dinner (Rodale: January 18, 2011). In it she shares her experience in seeking out hands-on-sexual-healing and how it helped her turned her life around and reclaim her sexuality.

Ms. Madsen is an infertility advocate and sex educator. She is an average, American woman; married with two kids, living in the Bronx. In her journey to find herself, she began asking other women how they were dealing with issues such as, lack of sexual pleasure, decreased libido and body image. She discovered that many women who had grown up in the age of "women's lib" were trying to find new ways to address these concerns and feel better about their sexual health and well-being. Some had found sexual healers, who used the healing power of one-way sensual touch to help them reclaim their sexual energy and ecstasy.

“Once I got over my shame – and lived to tell about it – I discovered that desire is natural and pleasure is transformational,” says Madsen. “Allowing pleasure into your life isn’t narcissistic, id-driven or the function of a personality disorder. It is, in fact, a path to wholeness. Pleasure helps mend many wounds from body image and depression to the infamous low libido. Sometimes all we need is an expert guide to lead us to the mine of gold we already have inside of us.”

I am a committed to helping guide women and couples in reconnecting to their sexuality, pleasure and intimacy through my coaching sessions and workshops. Expert guides in your area maybe called: sex and intimacy coaches, sexual shaman, dakas /dakinis and Sexological Bodyworkers. Please contact me if you would like more information about my workshops and coaching sessions.

If you want to learn more about sexual healing please attend the Conference on Sexuality and Consciousness April 29-May 1,2011

Copyright 2011 Crystal Dawn Morris www.TantraforAwakening.com

1 comment:

  1. I like the post,
    My story

    There’s a young woman whose path often cross with mine at the bus stop, while we are waiting. She is sweet and her soft-spoken never fails to greet me. Sometimes we talk about the weather, when the day is too cold to speak about other things, but I never dared to ask her name, although I long for knowing it.

    I sense it’d be a musical name and delicate songs will have it in their lyrics, and if ever my shyness would be cornered or curiosity would subjugate me, I would hear an unusual name that would please me.

    I know she feels safe by my side, because she always come smiling where I am and there she remains silent until the time to leave arrives. And I suspect part of her calm resides in my apparent indifference on conversations invaded with questions.

    I am glad when she’s close and I like to watch her when she seems not to notice. And I love her stillness and her absent happiness that invited me to crave for her reserved friendship. And that’s maybe why, because her quiet charm is haunting me, I guess I never desireth her name.

    Such is her charm as she now is, that I could not bear that, because of me, she could one day change.

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

http://www.addthis.com/