Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tantra Tip of the Day - Midwives, Birth and Tantra

Today, May 5th, is International Midwives Day. Many of you may not know it but I have been a certified nurse-midwife since 1988. I have helped deliver almost 1800 babies over the past 21 years. I have to say that catching my 3 grandchildren who were all born at home was a highlight. Learn more about it at http://mana.org/IntMidDay.html.

I was reminded of this fact this morning when I received this note on my Facebook Wall from my lovely Daughter-in-love:

It's Midwives Day and I wanted to take this time to thank you for being present and supporting me during three of the most amazing times in my life--the birth of my beautiful children, and your grandchildren. I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I don't know that I would even have known about homebirth without you, but thank goodness I did. My homebirths not only made me feel more powerful, but gave my children a great start into this world. Thank you for being a great mother-in-love and for helping so many mamas and babies.
Namaste,
Tara

Here was my reply:
Thank you Tara,
Being a midwife and attending births has been an important part of my life. Supporting women as they connect to their power and bring forth new life is a gift and an honor beyond words. I want to thank you for trusting yourself enough to birth at home and for allowing me to catch all 3 of my grandchildren as they entered the world. I can't imagine my life without you or them in it.
OXOX,
Mimi ( My granddaughter, Abbey, gave me this moniker.)

One reason I felt called to teaching Tantra was to help women have easier births. I have even written a rough draft for a book about Tantra and childbirth. One day I will finish it.

Being at a birth is about being in the moment. The air is vibrant with “life force energy.” There is a smell to birth that is rich, earthy and powerful. The veil between this world and the Source is thin. Watching new life emerge from a women’s body is a miracle every time. Life is so very precious. Those who work around birth and death know this viscerally. I am honored to be a midwife and I appreciate every woman who allowed me to be a part of her birth.

Do you know the story of your birth? How can you give birth to this moment as fresh and unique? Notice what is being born into your life today.

www.TantraGal.Blogspot.com
www.TantraForAwakening.com
(C) Copyright 2009, Crystal Dawn Morris, all rights reserved.

Photo and more info on homebirth can be found at: http://navelgazingmidwife.squarespace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

http://www.addthis.com/