Monday, May 18, 2009

Tantra Tip of the Day- The Healing Power of Community


I have spent the last 10 days at the Daka/Dakini Conference and then at the Post Conference Intensive for Teachers and Healers. I feel rejuvenated, inspired and excited to bring this work to the masses. There is so much to share and so many people in the world who need these tools. Even those of us committed to this path and to being conscious still have moments when we get caught up in our egoic needs and harm ourselves and others. Being in a community of like-minded others is so helpful, especially at those times when we need a strong mirror to wake us up to our delusions.

There really is no substitute for community. It feels good to be connected to others on the path and to listen to and be heard by them. It is important for me to feel that I have others walking on the path with me. While virtual community is important especially if you live in a small town or conservative community there is no substitute for physical connection. Face-to-face communication and physical contact be it looking into each other’s eyes to sharing a hug, takes it the connection to another level.

The past 10 days have been great because I have been immersed in that physical connection to my community and with my peers. To be seen, heard and appreciated is just so sweet and juicy. To share laughter and tears expands the heart and feeds the soul. In addition there was a lot of great information shared that I will be incorporating into my work both personally and professionally.

I have always valued community. I have created numerous circles and groups in my lifetime, from women’s circles, to healing circles, to drumming circles etc... Groups are dynamic and have their own life. Starting a group requires a level of passion and commitment. It can be fun to do it with a few friends so the responsibilities can be shared. Community is a basic human need that is often over looked in our "nuclear family" oriented culture.

I encourage you to take a moment and assess your need and desire for community. Ask yourself if these needs/desires are being met. If the answer is no, then spend some time this week connecting with friends, say hi to a neighbor, call someone and plan a date, create a group activity, like a potluck picnic.

Join or create a Meetup group, www.Meetup.com. Meetup is a wonderful online service that helps you connect to people with like minded interests and actually meet them in person to share activities. It is a way to reach out and connect with new people and build community.

Here is the linked to my Sedona Tantra for Awakening Meetup group, http://www.meetup.com/Sedona-Tantra-for-Awakening-Meetup-Group/ . Our next meeting is on Wed. May 20th at 7 pm.


www.TantraGal.Blogspot.com
www.TantraForAwakening.com
(C) Copyright 2009, Crystal Dawn Morris, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

http://www.addthis.com/