Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Calling Sedona Poets, Ecstatic Poetry Event


Presented by the International School of Temple Arts
A Night of Ecstatic and Erotic Poetry
Honoring the Beloved
Saturday, April 2, 2011 7-9 pm
Hosted by ChocolaTree Organic Eatery ~ in the Garden
1595 West Hwy 89A Sedona, AZ 86336 - (928) 282-2997

Calling All Poets!

April is National Poetry month. Please come and share your poems on love, pleasure and bliss. Let's celebrate poetry and the pleasure it brings to others. Poems can be about human love, spiritual love or the joys of sex. The night will begin with poets sharing their original poems. If time allows they will be followed by those who want to read or recite their favorite ecstatic or erotic poems by other poets. All original poets' names will be entered into a drawing for a Free Pass to the Conference on Sexuality and Consciousness, $450 value.

This event is free!
To sign up as a poet Contact Crystal Dawn at 928-282-5483 or email her at Crystal at TantraForAwakening.com

All I Was Doing is Breathing


Something has reached out and taken in the beams of my eyes.
There is longing, it is for his body, for every hair of that dark body.
All I was doing was being, and the Dancing Energy came by my house.
His face looks curiously like the moon, I saw it from the side, smiling.
My family says, "Don't ever see him again!" And they imply things in a low voice.
But my eyes have their own life; they laugh at rules, and know whose they are.
I believe I can bare on my shoulders whatever they want to say to me.
Mira says: Without the energy that lifts mountains, how am I to live?

From Mirabai, Ecstatic Poems (She was a 16th century mystic poet from India.)
Version by Robert Bly and Jane Hirshfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

http://www.addthis.com/